HOW WE ROLLWe believe the core values of a service based organization translate to the success of helping of those in need.
Our Mission: To find ways for teens to help teens in need.
- Teamwork: There’s no “I” in team. As the great Troy Bolton once said, “We’re all in this together.” It’s imperative that we collaborate to help as many youth in need as possible.
- Care: We’re one big happy family here, and we care about our communities and how we can make them better.
- Appreciation: We appreciate all that the world gives us and want to embody that by giving back.
- Drive: We’re a highly motivated group of individuals that wish to make the lives of teens who struggle just a little bit better.
- Respect: Treating everyone; volunteers, sponsors, families and the community with respect and dignity.
The Oasis Center
Hugh O' Brian
Center for Youth Issues
Recent Blog Posts
Learn from teens and leaders in the community.
Trivial as it sounds, a single piece of clothing can greatly determine how you not only feel about yourself but also the world around you. It’s not a surprise when I say that for many teens what you wear and how you wear it results in our self-confidence or lack...
Even with my short time as the Oak Ridge Ambassador for Threads of Care, I still know and see the extent of hard work that is put into establishing this wonderful organization! As we’re preparing for our first clothing drive, we’ve encountered a few expected and...
Throughout the first semester of this school year, I have had the opportunity to work alongside Mikayla Prince as a leader of the Franklin High chapter of Threads of Care, and I can honestly say I have loved every second of it. Seeing how enthusiastic people are to...
Helping communities....One thread at a time
Sign up for more information on how you can get started in your community!